Do I need prior teaching experience to work at Lindamood-Bell?

Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes provides paid intensive training in the programs and methods we use.  All you need is a positive, energetic personality and passion for helping people learn to read and comprehend to their potential. 


What level of education is required?

A bachelor's degree is preferred. However, an AA degree or actively pursuing a degree is acceptable.


How is the training conducted?

The training period is 2 weeks, generally Monday - Friday, approximately 8 hours per day.  It is very important that you are available to attend all sessions. Additional mentoring will be provided on the job following the initial training period.


What does a typical work schedule look like?

Our Learning Centers and Seasonal Learning Camps are generally open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.  The hours you work will depend on your employment status and the needs of the Center or Camp.


What does a Seasonal position mean?

Seasonal employees are hired for a short-term, limited duration job arising out of special projects or busy seasons. Generally, a seasonal employee’s hours will vary week to week based on the needs of the center. A seasonal employee is not assured continuing employment during or after the duration of the busy season for which the employee was hired.


What does Regular Full-time and Regular Part-time mean?

Regular Full-time means you work a regular weekly schedule of at least 30 hours a week. Regular Part-time means you work a regular weekly schedule of less than 29 hours a week. This will generally mean you work the same days and times each week with limited variance.


Is there opportunity for advancement at Lindamood-Bell?

Yes! We value our employees and provide development and advancement paths for employees who demonstrate strong job knowledge, commitment to quality, and initiative.


What can I expect after I apply?

You will be contacted by the local hiring team to attend a screening.  The screening takes between 1-3 hours and consists of a spelling test and a reading comprehension evaluation. You will also be asked to complete an application for employment, so please be prepared to provide information regarding your employment and education background.


What does the screening process consist of?

Our screening consists of two main sections. You will need to pass the first section in order to move to the second section.

The first section takes about an hour. We will present a brief background video on our company and you will complete a spelling test and a reading comprehension test.

In the second section (you must pass the first section in order to be invited to the second section) we will present the primary responsibilities and requirements of the position. You will take part in an assessment of your aptitude for the programs we use, and have an interview with a learning center leader.


Can I re-apply if I screened in the past and was not hired?

You can take our screening assessments one year after your previous screening.  Please let your local hiring team know if you have screened in the past.